Grand Aerie Headquarters - Grove City, Ohio
Statement of Purpose:
This position will be responsible for providing day-to-day direction and oversight for all operational activities related to the fraternal aspects of the Grand Aerie.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manage the day-to-day operations and productivity of the Grand Aerie Field Service Managers and receivers through the Grand Aerie Field Service Coordinator. These operations include all issues regarding troubled Aeries and Auxiliaries, requests for suspension of charter of Aeries or Auxiliaries, assigning receivers to handle affairs of suspended Aeries and Auxiliaries; monitoring and advising receivers regarding appropriate actions to be taken, handling all correspondence from Aeries and Auxiliaries concerning problems that require assigning a receiver, issuing letters regarding consequences of non-compliance with fraternal law.
- Manage the day-to-day operations and productivity of the Office of the Grand Madam President through the Assistant to the Grand Madam President. These operations include inquiries (phone, email, mail) and handling all correspondence of multiple aspects of Auxiliaries, researching issues and providing appropriate responses, receiving general inquiries and directing them to the appropriate Grand Aerie, FOE representative, scheduling itineraries and reviewing and approving expense vouchers for all Grand Auxiliary representatives including the Grand Madam President.
- Manage the day-to-day operations and productivity of the Office of the Grand Aerie Secretary with the Assistant to the Grand Secretary. The operations include inquiries (phone, email, mail) and correspondence regarding fraternal law, reviewing and recommending changes to fraternal law consistent with Fraternal Order of Eagles standards.
- Manage day-to-day operations regarding revocation of Charters, managing Aerie and Auxiliary consolidation and surrender process, and reviewing and approving House Rules.
- Manages day-to-day operations of Victory Aerie, compliance of Aeries and Auxiliaries, records, lists, recognition plaques and certificates, and maintain and review files and data in MMS (Member Management System).
- Oversee registration and support at International Convention including order of business and rules of convention, and resolutions and law changes.
- Oversee maintaining and managing historical items and information.
- Assists in preparing department budget for approval; manages resources within budget allocations.
- Provides day-to-day department support based on goals and objectives established by the organization. Works with outside vendors to acquire needed resources within budget allocations.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training and experience.
- 10 years of FOE experience and/or training at the local/state/national level. Extensive knowledge of fraternal law and MMS required.
- 5 years of management or supervisory experience.
- Proven leadership capabilities, team player, effective planner, coach, and mentor.
- Highly professional, possesses strong organizational skills.
- Proven verbal and written communications skills, advanced public speaking capabilities, strong interpersonal communications skills, and active listener.
- Ability to meet deadlines consistently, good follow-up skills, attention to detail with high work accuracy.
- Ability to work independently without close supervision but also work collectively with others both internally and externally.
- Advanced computer literacy.
- Ability to multitask on projects and assignments. Flexible and able to adapt to on-going change.
- Able to work with business sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers, department heads, and members of the public, in both written and verbal form.
- Ability to assess and respond quickly to problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to ensure individuals with disabilities are able to perform these essential job functions.
While performing job duties, employee sits 80% of the time. Is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance; stoop; kneel, crouch and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
While performing job duties, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to low.
Please submit Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com