Grants from the various funds of the F.O.E. Charity Foundation are made available every year to 501 (c) 3 organizations. Grants may only be given to non-profit institutions, as dictated under the Articles of Incorporation of the Eagles and must conform to IRS requirements for non-profit institutions. Grants are paid directly to recipients for such purposes as stated in the Charity By-laws. Qualifying organizations include but are not limited to local hospitals, universities, camps, clinics. Exceptions to this rule include the Children’s Christmas Shopping Sprees and H.O.M.E. Fund Grants. Grants must be for research, education, equipment or supplies and can be anywhere from $500-$5,000 for grants requested by States/Provinces and $6,000-$10,000 for special charity projects.
- Jimmy Durante Children's Fund grants can only go to establishments and/or institutions caring for and/or treating mentally and physically impaired children (under the age of 18) and to hospitals treating children or researching the diseases of children.
- Jimmy Durante Child Abuse Fund grants must go to establishments that provide educational material and therapy to help abused victims.
- The Drug Awareness grant is a matching grant up to a maximum of $1,000 (which includes the Aerie/Auxiliary contribution of $100 to $500.)
- C.P.R. grants are only awarded to local Fire Departments or Emergency Medical Service units. Funds are to be utilized for CPR equipment. Grant money cannot be used to pay for any class instructor training fees associated with holding a class in CPR.
- The Golden Eagle Fund grant is to aid charitable organizations sponsoring community oriented programs for the elderly. A grant cannot go to an individual, an Aerie as a club, private nursing home, etc.
Grant requests are submitted by Aeries and Auxiliaries to the State/Provincial Executive Board. Each State/Province has approving authority for grants. All submission of grants must go through the State/Provincial entities.
If you are an outside organization seeking funding from Fraternal Order of Eagles charities, please contact a local chapter with your request. Grants submitted directly to the Grand Aerie will be returned.
The F.O.E. Charity Foundation does not approve grants to outside fund raising organizations such as the American Diabetes Association, National Kidney Foundation or Association, American Cancer Society, National Heart Association, National Alzheimer’s Association or to an individual, or an Aerie as a club. Grants cannot be used for salaries, administrative costs or for any continuing education classes.
Interactive Forms are best viewed directly in Adobe Acrobat Reader. If the form does not appear as interactive in your web browser, please right click the link and "Save As..." to download the form and take advantage of its interactive fields for easy use.
Universal Grant Request Form